Monday, December 04, 2006

Jingle Bells, batman smells, you know the song.

I haven't thought of that song in a very long time, until it came on over the PA system at work the other day. One of the other mangers and I were complaining about the Christmas music they were playing on the satellite system at the store, and now in every store. It was weird because two weeks ago Friday, I left for the weekend and there was no Christmas music, I came back on the Monday and it was all about Christmas. But not only had we started it but so had everyone else. I guess we passed the day and it was suddenly acceptable, and man was it EVERYWHERE!! So back to my batman version of Jingle Bells, we were complaining because there are no original Christmas songs, it's the same six songs over and over again all day, just different people singing it and adding their own pizzazz if you could call it that. Some of them seriously sound like the singer is on Coke or some crazy thing. It used to be bad in that we would hear the same song day in and day out some times twice in one day, but now it's the same song over and over and over again. Trust me in a 10 hour day you hear Jingle Bells quite a few times. So we were working away and all the sudden the Barenaked Ladies version of Jingle Bells came in and it was the version you used to sing in the playground in elementary school, the whole thing!! Let me tell you, it was a nice break from the sappy slow crap we've been constantly hearing, BLAH!
So truly I am excited about the Christmas season. I really do enjoy Christmas. I take great pride in finding the perfect gift for everyone on my list. I love seeing someone open something they really wanted and never expected to get it, least of all from me. Currently I have 2 people I can not crack and it's driving me nuts. Any unusually gift suggestions would be welcome; I just need Ideas and don't have much time to go shopping, since I hate doing it with to many people around.
I also need opinions from
Stratford people, which is better chocolate, Rheo Thompsons or Barrs Chocolates... Got to give the standard chocolate to the chocoholics...
Enjoy your Christmas shopping folks!

3 comments:

s said...

I love finding the perfect gift too. send me an e-mail with the people and I will solve your dilema. I love the chocolate factory for chocolates. You can get so many cool things there and not just the regular box of them. Yes rheo is amazing quality, but they lack creativity

Becka said...

Haha.. a girl at work from India just asked me yesterday "Becka, is there really a song called Jingle Bells, Batman smells?" I had forgotten about that song too until she said something.

Tasha75 said...

Althou I went to Prom with the owner of Barr's I would still have to go with Rheo!! Although I have heard that Derek took the mint smoothie recipe with him when he left Rheo's!!