Tuesday, February 06, 2007

And the countdown is on!

So here we are down to 12 days till i leave for England and i've finally gotten my act together. I know what shoes i'm bringing with me. We have hostels booked, our trip basically maped out, our bus tour booked, picked up my plane ticket today, get my passport on Friday and after 3 hours of driving all over Kitchener/ Waterloo and Cambridge, I finally found an affordable, travel backpack. Leave it to me to procrastinate for so long, but it's taken care of. I've been looking around for the last few months to see if i could find anything but decided yesterday, being my day off would be the day to take care of it. I spent some time surfing on the net trying to find some good luggage stores, to no avail, and hiking stores for the right kind of equipment. I went to about 4 stores yesterday with no luck and went to, I swear, every other possible place I could think of today until I made it to the Hiking store just down the road from me tonight at 7ish and found a decent pack for 120 bucks. After researching on the net last night I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find anything for less then 200 which I couldn't justify spending on something I would probably only use once. So luckily I found this pack and think it will work and I’ll be able to use it in the future also.
My parents gave me some extra money so I decided that I would splurge and buy a digital camera. After two weeks of looking around and researching on the internet to see what I actually wanted I found one tonight too. So needless to say my brand new credit card was very well used today. Next on the trip list is figuring out what all I need to bring and to make sure I can handle carrying it all on my back. That's Friday's project!

3 comments:

Christielli said...

I'm so excited for you!! You'll have to get a Flickr account to post your pics that you take with that brand new digital! Woo!

Next time you need a good backpack, you should visit your good friend in Toronto who could take you to MEC. ;) Of course, that would only work if you weren't such a procrastinator and left everything 'til only 12 days before your trip. Hahaha. ;)

Mel said...

Ohh you must be so excited, Jo! Chris has been to England but I haven't, so we are thinking about going too! Make sure you take lots of pics with that new camera. If I dont talk to you before then, have lots of fun and be sure to have a pint in one of the cool pubs for me!!! CHEERS.............

Joanna Wallace said...

Oh Jo! You should have brought up the travel backpack earlier on your blog! My brother gave me his old one. I have only used it a few times but it works good. The only problem is that it was a burgandy color but has now faded to pink... I think that is why my brother gave it to me!

Have fun in England. The History of Europe is amazing! When I was in Europe I would walk into an old Church or building and try to imagine the people 4 or 5 hundred years ago walking up the same steps. It's so cool! Nothing like it here in Canada!