Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And the votes are finally in, the 6 weird things about me are...

I was tagged at the beginning of December to write 6 weird things about myself. I was very excited to post it because it seems very fun. I started writing my reply right away and now I've finally come up with the 6th and final (at least for this list) weird thing about me. Here it goes...


1) when I was younger, I assumed there were little people (kinda like the Fragels from that show in the 80's) that were living inside electronic devices like computers and TV's. They would make the decisions on what would go on inside these devices and when they got made at each other, there would be fuzz on your tv. Very elaborate I know, I was a creative kid.

2) When I'm doing something monotonous, like unpacking boxes at work, or cutting up food, I count the number of steps it takes me to complete the task. Like all four stokes of cutting a box open, how many steps it takes to get the merchandise out of the box or how many cuts I make in the food. I don't keep track of these numbers or use them to try to improve. It's just something for my brain to do.

3) I hate smoking, I think it's disgusting habit and was so happy when the cities in
Ontario passed bylaws to omit smoking from public places. It meant I could go to the bar and come home and not have to have a shower before going to bed because I smelt like an ashtray. However, recently, I've noticed that when someone lights up a fresh cigarette, I really enjoy the smell. It brings back childhood memories or something and makes me think of my dad, who has smoked my whole life. Whenever I smell it, I think of him. Even though I believe he really should quit!!

4) I love to eat!! Food is sooo good to me. But I hate cooking, cleaning up after cooking and grocery shopping to get food. I also don't enjoy eating out all that much because the food is never just the way you want it. So I'm really not sure how IÂ’m supposed to get food into me to eat. I also like things neat and tidy but don't want to be the one to clean them up, even though I live alone and I'm the one who made the mess...Maybee it's really that I'm just lazy

5) This one was pointed out to me by Andrew recently. The more I do, the more energy I have, the less I do, the more lethargic I get. ItÂ’s typically bad when I have a day or even worse a weekend off and I end up hanging out with Andrew where we really donÂ’t do anything all weekend. I still feel incredibly tired and lethargic on Monday when I go back to work. ItÂ’s a really bad routine to get into. You would think a nice lazy day or two would give way to a refreshed person, but no, not I.

6)When I make hot chocolate, I boil water and pour my mug 3/4 of the way full with boiling water, then add the chocolate powder, then fill the mug the last 1/4 with cold milk. I do this for 2 reasons, one to cool the drink down because I'm a big wimp and don't like really hot drinks and two, because with just water it's really thin, and I like me hot chocolate to have more supstance, like when you buy it at Starbucks or Second Cup.


Since most of my friends have already been tagged, and the rest either don't read my blog, or blog themselves very often, I'm going to tag, Matt; www.vernhout.net, Tasha; huladreams.blogspot.com and Rachel; koetsier-gang.blogspot.com
and we'll see what happens

2 comments:

Joanna Wallace said...

When I make hot chocolate, I put the powder in the mug, pour in 1/4 full of cold milk and mix the powder and the milk and then pour in the boiling water. Same thing as you, I hate chocolate milk with just plain water... yuck. Another option to try, microwave a mug full of storebought chocolate milk... yum.

Christielli said...

Remember, it's not you who makes the mess -- it's the animal!!

I remember you telling the Fragles in the TV/computer story in high school and I think we teased you about it. Or, probably more accurately, I teased you about it.

Okay, I'd better go. The Fragles in my computer are getting tired from all of this typing. ;)