Friday, August 04, 2006

Heading to the old country!

I've have started to plan my on trip to the old country, where my good friend Christelli is now! Another one of my friends has been overseas since April, her plan was to go with SWAP, which is an agency that helps you find work and accommodations internationally and of course get your visa. Her intention was to go there for a year and work and live in both England and Ireland. She started in Ireland where she ran into a lot of trouble getting work and getting paid. After that she decided to just travel and forget about the working crap! She has now run out of money and is kind of bored by not working so she is on her way home. However she can't return on her original ticket until October and can not wait that long so she has decided to purchase another return trip, come home on that now and then head back to England in the winter for some more traveling.
My original plan was to go over and visit her in the winter (when I had enough money saved) and then return with her when she came back home from her year away. Plans have now changed! Even when she was talking of coming back early, I still had wanted to go overseas because it's something I have wanted to do for a really long time, and if I don't make the plans, I'm never going to go! So now, I am going to go back with her on her trip back and we are going to be in Europe for 10 days, it should be a great time. WE really haven't decided what all were going to do or see, were just in the preliminary stages of planning, in fact I still haven't got my ticket or passport yet. But it is very exciting to know that I am finally going on a real vacation!!!

2 comments:

-jason- said...

congrats on the trip. you're going to have a blast!

Christielli said...

Yay for your trip planning! You'll have a great time! I'm so excited for you!!

I'll give you the 411 on London if need be, but I guess if you're travelling with Dianne, she'll know everything...