Monday, July 17, 2006

When the Images in your head are better then the movie.

I finished reading the Da Vinci Code about a month ago now and I just finally watched the movie. I wasn't in to much of a rush to watch it because most of the people who I know that saw it didn't think much of it but I still wanted to see it for myself. I have to say, everyone was right. I was amazed how quickly it went thought the beginning of the book and how close it was to the actual story line. The other adaptations I've watched recently had really strayed but they were the Harry Potter series and the movies would have had to have been 18 hours long to include everything. I thought the producers had done a good job of keeping it fairly close to the original story line with out letting it drag on. As for the Da Vinci code however, I felt like the took the most interesting parts and smashed them to hell and then took the boring parts and made them seem important. Not to mention they didn't even begin to explain the actual "code" to the lengths it was in the book which made the movie hard to follow. My advice to anyone who has watched the movie, read the book, it will shed a hole new light on the story line for you.
I also got to see a good movie this weekend, Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Man's Chest. I watch the first one and really enjoyed it but can't remember specifics so I'm not sure which one was better. Johnny Depp once again gives a stellar performance. I don't think there could have been another actor do that character nearly as well as he does. It's a must see!!

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Huh. I could have sworn I commented on this post earlier. Weird.......

I liked Pirates too. You can't go wrong with Captain Jack. I wish that I was stuck on an island with him and lots of rum right now.

Hee hee.

More posts are necessary.