Thursday, July 06, 2006

Now it's the internet connection...what next

So last week I got my new computer hooked up and online. I had it running for 4 days. I get home from work sunday, and my connection is totally down! The modem wasn't online and it wasn't connecting to my computer, nothing. So I call Rogers to get some troubleshooting assistance but they couldn't fix it over the phone and had to make an appointment (for Wednessday) to come and check it out. With my connection being down, I did get alot more stuff done, like I actually got my house cleaned, I got to do some reading, watched on of the best soccer games I've seen durning the world cup this year, and even got to do some quality napping. So on wednesday, the technician shows up around 9 and starts playing with and testing everything to find out what is wrong. Two and a half hours later, he's finally got it up and running after running a new wire to the house from the underground cable and another one from the house connection to my appartment. He ended up making some new holes in the house, and there are wires hanging all over the place, so I don't know how happy my new landlords are going to be, but hey, I have internet access!! I just hope nothing else goes wrong with my sytems for the next little while!!!!

2 comments:

s said...

landlords always love new holes in the wall!!! I am sure I would get alot more house work don eif I had no internet, but I enjoy being in the loop more than I enjoy dishes.

Christielli said...

LOL I agree with Sandee. The loop is better than dishes.

I cleaned like a banshee yesterday. I think Lynn had a heart attack when she got home.

My internet was being weird today but I outsmarted it and fixed it. (The modem just needed to be restarted.)