Thursday, September 21, 2006

This is the song that never ends... it goes on and on my friends

So I had to cut my self short on my title because I really could go on forever. The reason I picked this title is because this has felt like the week that will never end. I had this past weekend off and spent most of it relaxing and being lazy which was very nice. But since tuesday I've been thinking that the next day should be Friday because that is my other day off this week... not that I can afford to be losing that kind of time in my life because there is just soooo much to do, but let me tell you I really need a day off!! We are coming into the 4th quater which is obviously the busyiest time of year in the retail buz. Of course we are getting bombarded with stock. We just got in a new sheet program and I recieved 500 cases of sheets in the last two days that all have to be opened and processed and then I have the fun challenge of finding a home for it all, it a very small store by any standards. In fact, the cases are still filling up the majority of my sales floor space... soo not good. To top it all off, our company has also decied that it would be smart to have physical inventory in the begining of October... yeah, someone should be fired for that decision!!!! So needless to say I'm having my end of the week drink, right now!
We had an interesting chain of events today. The store that i'm now working at, the GM is not a well liked person. He can be very dificult to work with, very self centered and obnoxious but gets nothing done and is in no way supportive. In fact, a few weeks ago when I was staring at a room full of stock, that I had no home for, he said to me... "don't worry, it only gets worse from here!"... mmm thanks for the help Jacka**! Long story short, we were informed today that he is no longer working for the company. We're not sure if he quit or got fired, but really it dosen't matter because he's gone and we should be getting someone to replace him in the next week or so... could be an interesting time!!!

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Huzzah for the departure of jackasses from the workplace!

Hope you're enjoying your day off!