Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The bastard ate all my crackers.

So the long weekend has now come and gone. It's always nice to have an extra day off and being in the retail industry, it's not very often you get 2 days in a row off since you work evenings and weekends. So I was super excited when I got 3 days in a row off with out even asking. Typically I spend the May 24 weekend outside, having camp fires and drinking with friends but this one was extra cold in comparison to other years. This year was also weird because I spent the whole weekend hanging out with one person and that was this guy that I have just started seeing. We did go into the weekend with good intentions, hang out Friday night, do some shopping Saturday, meet up with some friends for dinner in the evening. I expected to kinda part ways on Sunday and do more of our own thing as I had other people to hang out with including some birthdays to celebrate. I was shocked to find that we ended up spending, literally, the entire weekend together and not really hanging out with anyone else. The dinner plans bailed on Saturday and the plans with my friends for Sunday ended up shifting to Monday which was the only time we were really with other people but they gave me their "approval" of him, so it's was good in the end.
We are both people who enjoy and are used to having our own space so we were both really shocked that we also didn't kill each other. But since we didn't make it a hetic weekend with all kinds of things to do and people to see, I think that really helped and really helped us to get to know each other better which was very cool!
Needless to say it was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. We ended up watching a British television show that he has downloaded called "Coupling" and I am now hooked on as well as watching Mission Impossible 3 which isn't as exciting at the previous 2 in my opinion and listening to the Chris Rock HBO special, damn that guy is funny!! We even managed to do a little shopping and eat some good food, including tacos that he made...Very cool. Unfortunately, when I went to make my lunch for work, I realized the little weasel at all my crackers. All in all thought, a very good weekend.

4 comments:

s said...

THIS COMMENT BETTER SHOW!!!
Jo - very happy you have new 'friend' as old ladies would call it. Hope it get to approve of him soon. Sweet that he is a cooker!

Christielli said...

John and Ali used to be totally addicted to "coupling". I've seen it a few times. Funny stuff.

Glad that you fixed your comments. I'm unsure if you'll be able to retrieve the old ones. I guess this just means that you'll have to post more often so we can comment more often.

Glad you had a good weekend with that one person. ;) LOL at Sandee calling him your new friend.

Christielli said...

Your fan base wants updates!

Tasha75 said...

Uhh! Hello! You can't just drop a bomb like that and not tell me more! Who is this guy? Thanks for the grats on the house! T. I agree that we should be able to stay in better touch now that I have officially become a blogger.