Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hanging out with the toilet bowl

So I never get sick, and when I do, I fell a little rough for about 3 hours or so and then I'm good to go for the rest of the day. I took advantage of this quite frequently as a kid and would take days off of school when I was just a little queasy. Unfortunately this caught up with me yesterday. I woke up with a bit of a tummy ache at 5 am, a half hour before I actually had to get up for work, I hate it when that happens! So I got up, drank a little water and then slept again until my alarm went off. I got up, had my shower and started thinking about what I should bring for my lunch for work... Which I really didn't want to think about. This should have been my first clue that I should have just stayed home. I am a very good eater, probably too good, and when I can't even think about eating, it's not going to be a good day! So I started driving to work... Debating on weather I would actually go because I was susposed to be helping out at the Etobicoke store, and meeting my ride in Guelph. So that would suck to be sick and stuck in Etobicoke with no car. Well at one point, very close to Guelph, I got the feeling I should really pull over. I'll spare you the details but needless to say I didn't make it to the side of the road. At that point I called my ride, told her I wouldn't be going and turned around to drive back home. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep, but I had a mess to clean up in my car first. So I spent the rest of a beautiful sunny day sleeping and hanging with my toilet bowl. Luckily I feel much better today but it wasn't looking so good at 10 o'clock at night. Hopefully I'll make it throughout today!!
Wish me Luck

No comments: