Thursday, June 29, 2006

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

So I haven't posted in over a week but I swear it's all because I couldn't get online. I got my new computer over a week ago now and had it up and running right when I got it home. The next day however, I tried and the connection could not be found. I had to resort to the beast to get my e-mail, check my banking ect and spent any free time I had trying to figure out why I couldn't get online. So Tuesday I had the day off and spent most of the evening talking to Andrew's roomate trying to figure out what was wrong cus he is the network pro. Even he couldn't see a soultion because the modem was finding my computer and the computer was finding the modem but it just wasn't working. I broke down yesterday morning and called Rogers, who was of no help either. I went digging for my old router, which i finally found and then last night, Tu and I got both of our computers set up online! I even got to start downloading stuff today, quite fun. It's still being a little saucy but for the most part it is working so that is good news! Turns out the majority of my problem stemed from the movement of the original connection when Tu moved in, we've now got the router and modem set up in the orignal place, instead of paying rogers, 35 bucks to come in and change it, jerks, and everything is working okay!
This should mean more posting from me...yah! I just have to get the new accesories that I need like my wireless card and router then will be all high tech and stuff.
Happy Thursday to you all

1 comment:

s said...

way to join the tech world, but at the same time leave the tech world......comp issues suck