Monday, June 19, 2006

Why does it always rain on me?

So I had a three day weekend this week which is awesome.
Saturday, it was super nice weather for my friends wedding and for all the pictures! It was a really nice wedding very small which made it nice for mingling and catching up with my old friends. I found it quite strange that there were no single people there besides the group of us that went. I've never seen that at a wedding before but we all agreed that we are coming to the age where, everyone is married which I don't find fun, but that's a whole nether story! I was very excited to get to some drinking at the function but for some reason it just wasn't hitting me like it should. The drinks were going down well but at the end of the night, I probably could have still driven.
Sunday we got up and went for brunch with the whole wedding crew (obviously not the bride and groom) but had an enjoyable dining experience with the exception of the slow service. We then went on a secret mission to create a surprise anniversary scrap book which was quite fun. I don't scrapbook very often so it was nice to do something creative. I then headed back to my parents house for fathers day dinner and got to hang out with the fam for awhile which was also nice.
So today was really my only day off but I have done well to do nothing. I did get my ass to the gym and get most of my laundry done, except for the folding part... yuck. So that was pretty productive. I had planed on doing a lot of sitting on the hammock in the back yard reading but for some reason, when ever I have a day off with no plans, it rains at some point and puts a damper on my sun enjoying time.
Here's hoping the next day I have off is hot, humid, and not rainy

1 comment:

Christielli said...

The DJ must have been single. He gave me that hopeless vibe... I think it was his taste in music that gave that to me.

I think you want your next day off to be hot, not humid and not rainy. Unless you like the humidity... Then I will say you're crazy.