Tuesday, June 13, 2006

World Cup!!!

Yes this is my 3rd post in 3 days...quite exciting hey. Every since I couldn't post last week I've had this build up of topics to write about... better ride it while it last!!
So I've been playing soccer since I was 10 or so, but this is my first year watching world cup action. I really enjoy sports but I've always been more of a player then a watcher. I enjoy going out with friends, watching a game and having some beers, which is what I did on Friday night while watching the Poland, Ecuador game. But then found that I really wanted to watch games just for the sake of watching the games. The tournament is only on once every four years after all! Now I'm hooked on watching the games but don't get TSN so can't watch them... How disappointing. I guess that just means I'll have to go out drinking more often during the next month! Mind you it's probably a good thing that I can't watch every game. I"m truly in awe at how far these guys can kick the ball. I imagine when I get on the field, part of me will believe I should be able to kick that far as well and it will frustrated the heck out of me that I can't!
If you get the chance take in a least. Or a bit of one anyway. They have some really cool traditions like switching jerseys with your opponents at the end of the game. That is a good way to get some free clothes. Sure you have to wash it first but think of all the colours that would now be in your wardrobe!
Enjoy the games!!

3 comments:

Christielli said...

Wow! It's a plethora of posts over here!

I don't have to watch world cup games. I get the whole recap at school the next day. Well, I guess when classes are over I may have to. I'll be curious who won.

Christielli said...

ps Check out my response to your correction comment on my blog.

Christielli said...

Your posting is decreasing again!!